Thursday, July 12, 2007

Attar - Gone Mad with Love

Lost in myself
I reappeared
I know not where
a drop that rose
from the sea and fell
and dissolved again
a shadow
that stretched itself out
at dawn
when the sun
reached the moon.

I disappeared
I have no news
of my coming
or passing away-
the whole thing
happened quicker
than a breath;

Ask no questions
of the moth.
In the candle flame
of the beloved's face.
I have forgotten all the answers
in the way of love.

There must be knowledge
and ignorance
so I have become
both a dullard
and a sage.

One must be an
an eye and yet
not see ....

so I am blind
and yet I still
perceive.

Dust
be on my head
if I can say
where I
in bewilderment
have wandered.

I
watched my heart
transcend both worlds
and under its shadow
now is gone mad with love.

No comments: